SPN Alpha - Status
- Normally Works Well - Report if Broken
- Under Investigation - Please Test and Report
- Known Issues
- How To Report Bugs
Treat the SPN as a VPN in your threat model for now. Please be aware that there are not enough users and servers during the alpha phase in order to protect you from VPN traffic analysis.
Last Updated on 31st December, 2021
- Login on Portmaster Client successfully connects to the SPN
- Normal browsing of websites
- Big file downloads
- Video streaming
- Low Bandwidth: at least 10MBit/s
- Video Conferencing
- other UDP based applications
- Protected Video Streams
- Medium Bandwidth: targeting 30MBit/s as next step
- The SPN re-uses connections to nodes. Due to missing route evaluation during routing calculation we currently cannot guarantee the minimum three hops.
- Speeds might vary greatly as we do not know the resource profile of the SPN yet.
- The SPN seems to be failing after sleep/suspend. Investigating. Reconnect to the SPN as a workaround.
- For stability, the client is artificially more sequential in order to provide more stability. This might lead to lag when lots of connections are initiated at the same time. Eg. when browsing to “big” websites.
Bugs can be reported on the SPN repository on GitHub
Be sure to also check the network status feed on the SPN page in Portmaster.